A Program for Creating True Cultures of Diversity,
Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Equity matters. Now more than ever.
We stand at a critical crossroads. The current global crises have laid bare painful inequities
we can no longer afford to ignore.
Within our organizations, if we have the courage to face those inequities head on, we can begin
to create cultures that are truly grounded in principles of justice, equality,
and the right of every human being to live with peace, prosperity, and self-determination.
And, the data is clear. Besides being the right thing to do, diverse, equitable and inclusive cultures result in:
More creativity and innovation
Faster problem-solving and better decision-making
Better hiring results and less turnover
Higher levels of employee alignment and engagement
We are all leaders. Whether or not we have a designation of authority.
As leaders…we each have the power to be a voice of change. As we deepen our understanding of the systems in which we operate, we can leverage our influence to root out and eradicate hate and injustice.
As leaders…we recognize that the demographics of our organizations are not reflective of the world around us, and we have an obligation to genuinely represent that world at all levels of the enterprise.
As leaders…we are committed to developing talent throughout our organizations, particularly amongst those who are traditionally underrepresented. To do so, it is essential to understand who we all are, both as individuals, and in the historical, cultural, and institutional contexts of our lives.
As leaders…we recognize that the journey starts with us, our willingness to fiercely interrogate reality, and our commitment to dismantling the systems and structures that perpetuate the status quo.
This highly interactive program employs a variety of learning methodologies designed to engage individuals with diverse learning styles, including direct instruction, large and small group discussions, experiential activities, case studies, peer-to-peer learning, readings, podcasts, role play and videos.
Throughout the program, we will formulate ways to integrate the learning into our workspaces. In addition, we will provide tools, techniques, and exercises participants can implement on a daily basis.
The program is appropriate for individuals at all levels of the organization who have a passion for social justice and equity and a desire to do the hard (and often messy) work of becoming anti-racist and anti-oppressive.
- Understand the history, contexts, and key factors that contribute to existing systems of inequity
- Courageously examine assumptions and beliefs; our own, and those embedded in the cultures around us
- Actively participate in the creation of an Anti-Racist and Anti-Oppressive organization (and beyond)
Who should attend?
This program is designed for leaders and individual contributors, at all levels of the organization, who are committed to social justice and equity, and are willing to do the hard (and often messy) work of striving to become anti-racist and anti-oppressive.
- Individual: Leaning into Discomfort, Self-Management, Identity, Privilege, Mindset, Bias, Allyship
- Interpersonal: Overt and Covert Aggressions, Language, Cultural Appropriation
- Societal: Social Norms, Challenging Assumptions, Interrogating Reality
- Systemic: Racism throughout history, Legislation and Public Policy, Gender Oppression, Intersectionality
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Nine (9) two-hour online sessions
- Interim readings, videos, exercises, and journaling assignments
- Interim small group calls
- Capstone project
- Workshop manual with participant course materials
Efficacy, Impact, Sustainability and Data Collection
Data regarding the impact of this program will be collected at various points before, during, and after engagement in the program in order to (a) drive a process of continual improvement and (b) support research into the efficacy of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs and the sustainability of the change process.
- Participants will complete Pre, Post, and Post-Post Assessments evaluating cultural competency and perspectives on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Participants will provide real-time data in the form of qualitative evaluations upon completion of each session.