Building Leadership Capacity and a Coaching Culture:
A Strategy for Success
Leadership Development as an Organizational Strategy
Leadership has a significant impact on outcomes across the board; from innovation, productivity, customer service and profitability; to employee recruitment, retention and engagement.
Consider that organizations investing in their talent report 5-7 times ROI. In today’s rapidly shifting landscape, leadership can be your competitive advantage.
The Power of a Coaching Culture
What is it? A coaching culture is a set of organizational beliefs and practices that reflect coaching as a strategic business driver and critical talent management tool.
Why does it matter? A coaching culture plays a significant role in employee engagement, and employee engagement is a leading indicator of company growth.
We have created a series of in-depth programs in leadership and coaching that foster sustainable change for both individuals and organizations. These programs are offered;
- In collaboration with academic institutions
- Within organizations
- As non-affiliated public programs
We recognize that leadership development is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. Our programs are designed to fit a range of individual styles and organizational needs, and they are customizable in terms of length, content and learning platforms (onsite and/or online).
For information on how to bring these programs into your organization or institution, please Contact Us.
Today’s leaders must possess both strong leadership capabilities and the ability to grow the talent around them. The ThirdWay Leader-Coach is a dynamic program designed to develop the skills and mindset necessary for high-performance leadership, along with the competencies for effective coaching and mentoring.
The program content is oriented around the Six Foundations of The ThirdWay: The Power of Paradox, Systems Thinking, Cultural Competency, Co-Creativity, A Leader in Every Chair and The Six P’s of Conscious Leadership.
- Purpose. The “Why”
- People. The most valuable resource in any enterprise
- Perspective. Awareness of our filters and assumptions
- Process. Continual improvement, positive results, sustainability and “The Quadruple Win” (people, planet, purpose and prosperity)
- Paradox. Creativity, innovation culture and the celebration of failure
- Presence. Flexibility, adaptability and embracing change
In addition, the program provides training in the principles and the core competencies of coaching, with applications for individuals and teams in a variety of cultural contexts.
The TEP is a comprehensive business development program, built on the ThirdWay Model of Entrepreneurship, aimed at developing the skillset of entrepreneurs at all stages, and from all industries, who want to take it to the next level.
- Mission, Vision & Values. Why we do what we do, where we want to go, and what matters most
- Objectives, Strategies and Goals. The big picture desired outcomes, the overall plan, and the measurable steps that will move the organization from current state to future state.
- Integrated Entrepreneurial Leadership. Focus on relationships, focus on results and entrepreneurial mindset
- The Five Key Content Buckets. The concrete business activities; Sales and Marketing, Research and Development, Talent Management, Financial and Legal, and Operations
The Integrated Entrepreneurial Leadership Program (IELP) develops a full-range of leadership competencies with an emphasis on creativity and innovation, exploring theories of collective leadership, teaming and rapid prototyping.
It is well-suited for organizations that need to move quickly and nimbly, particularly those in the sciences and other high-tech industries where individuals may be operating with a high level of technical expertise but may have had little or no leadership training. IELP blends three key elements:
- Focus on Relationships. Ability to build successful relationships and create an environment that allows people to do their best work
- Focus on Results. Ability to think strategically, to understand systems, and to balance short term gains and long-term sustainability
- Entrepreneurial Mindset. Accountability for outcomes, commitment to innovation, and a willingness to take calculated risks
Together, these three components create an overall set of leadership competencies that is effective, engaging and dynamic.
For times when you need training and development on a specific topic, we deliver high-impact workshops that are engaging, enlightening and energizing.
Whether for a lunch-and-learn, company retreat, or as part of a larger development initiative, workshops can be customized to fit your scheduling needs; from a 90-minute breakfast session to a half-day, full-day or multi-day program.
We utilize a variety of on-site and online teaching methodologies to create a meaningful experience for a range of learning styles; direct instruction, psychometric assessments, experiential exercises, peer-to-peer learning, and case studies.
And as with all ThirdWay offerings, our workshops are designed around your specific outcomes and objectives.
For information on how to bring ThirdWay programs and workshops into your organization, please Contact Us for a consultation.