“That’s-the-way-we’ve-always-done-it” doesn’t cut it in the age of global information and resource sharing.
To find alternatives to the unwieldy, procedure-laden business models of the past, corporations are looking to their smaller, more nimble counterparts for solutions.
They’re discovering what many entrepreneurs have known all along; creativity, flexibility and innovation are more than just buzz-words. They are keys to finding (and keeping) a competitive edge.
Entrepreneurial Leadership: (1) a willingness and capacity to take ownership of, be accountable for, develop, organize and manage an enterprise, (2) a commitment to innovation, and (3) a capacity for calculated risk-taking; in order to achieve a set of desired outcomes.
The ThirdWay Entrepreneurial Leadership Program (TELP) will develop the participants’ full-range of leadership competencies with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. The program explores theories of collective leadership, teaming and rapid prototyping in a leadership context, and is well-suited for individuals and organizations that need to move quickly and nimbly, particularly in the sciences and other high-tech industries where there may be subject-matter expertise but little or no management training.
TELP blends three key elements:
- Focus on Relationships. Ability to build successful relationships and create an environment that allows people to do their best work day
- Focus on Results. Ability to think strategically, understand systems, and balance short term gains and long-term sustainability
- Entrepreneurial Mindset. Accountability for outcomes, commitment to innovation, and a willingness to take calculated risks
Together, these three components create an overall set of leadership competencies that is effective, engaging and dynamic.
Who Should Attend?
The TELP is ideal for entrepreneurs and for leaders from all levels of larger organizations who want to embrace a more entrepreneurial paradigm. It is particularly well-suited for individuals and organizations that need to move quickly and nimbly, particularly those in the sciences and other high-tech industries who may have a high level of technical expertise but little or no management training.
7 Reasons Why the ThirdWay Entrepreneurial Leadership Program
- The TELP Program is for entrepreneurs and more: it can bring an entrepreneurial mindset into any corporate, scientific, medical, academic or highly-technical environment.
- It is based on a simple, yet sophisticated model that addresses all the competencies essential for effective 21st century leadership.
- The program uses statistically validated assessments as a powerful development tool.
- The learning is oriented around the real world working experiences of the participants, and is directly linked to their performance and desired outcomes.
- The program is delivered to a cohort of peers in an environment of shared goals, accountability and respect.
- The program includes individual coaching that supports the learning.
- The program takes place over a period of time, which allows participants to practice and fully
As with all ThirdWay programs, the TELP utilizes a variety of teaching methodologies; academic instruction, experiential exercises, case studies, peer-to-peer and small group learning opportunities, analysis of current professional scenarios, and a capstone project. The course includes:
- 100+ hours of instructional and experiential training, both onsite and online
- Individual performance and work-styles assessments
- Reading and writing assignments
- A leadership project
- Real-world leadership competency practice
- Monthly one-on-one coaching with an ICF certified coach
Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion, participants will show growth in the following areas:
- Relationship Focus – ability to capitalize on strengths of self and others, to listen carefully and communicate effectively, to resolve conflicts, and to coach and mentor
- Results Focus – ability to focus on outcomes, to think strategically and from a systems perspective, and to take the long view
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – ability to foster creativity and innovation, to take calculated risks, to implement rapid prototyping, to create accountability, and to manage resources
Milestones and Measurements
The following measurement tools will be employed
- Pre-program: The Leadership Circle Profile™ 360° assessment
- Prior to each module: Self-assessment in the content area of that module
- 4-6 weeks after each module: Re-take of self-assessment in the content area of the previous module (with an eye on areas of improvement and areas that require additional attention)
- 6-8 week after program completion: Anecdotal 360 assessment and report (interviews with boss, direct reports and peers)
- 12-18 months post completion (optional): Re-take of The Leadership Circle Profile™
For more information on the Executive Leader-Coach program and how you can bring this to your organization, please Contact Us.